Airtrav Philippines (‘Airtrav‘, ‘we‘, ‘us‘, ‘our’) is committed to protecting and respecting your personal data privacy and complying with data protection principles and provisions under applicable laws.
Scope of Terms
Collection of Information
We may collect Personal Information about you that you provide to us while using Airtrav PH Platform and information about how you use Airtrav PH Platform including when you open your user account (‘User Account’), visit Airtrav PH Platform or make reservations, rentals and/or bookings for any intended Services or using the Services. Providing your Personal Information to Airtrav PH is always on a voluntary basis. However, we might not be able to provide you with certain Services if you choose not to give us your Personal Information. For example, we cannot open your user account or make reservations, rentals and/or bookings for you if we do not collect your name and contact details.
1. Opening Your User Account
When you open with us a User Account or amend any information of your User Account, we may collect your Personal Information, such as your name, email address, username, password and telephone number.
2. Visit Airtrav PH Platform, Making Reservations, Rentals, and/or Bookings for the Services or Using the Services:
When you visit Airtrav PH Platform (even you have not registered an User Account or logged in), make reservations, rentals, and/or bookings for any intended Services or use the Services, we may collect and process certain information (which may contain your Personal Information or may contain non-personally identifiable information but nevertheless linked to your Personal Information) including but not limited to those set out below:
- Copies of correspondence (whether by e-mail, instant or personal messaging or otherwise) between you and us, and between you and the Operators;
- Information necessary to fulfil your reservations, rentals, and/or bookings with us and our Operators (including but not limited to travel document information, vehicle rental information, insurance information, age, and date of birth);
- Details of your usage of Airtrav PH Platform (including traffic data, location data, and length of user sessions);
- Feedback on and responses to surveys conducted by Airtrav PH relating to the Services and newsletters which may be published, circulated or distributed by Airtrav PH;
- Information automatically collected and stored in our server or the server of our third party services provider by using or accessing to Airtrav PH Platform (including the log-in name and password for your User Account, your computers Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, browser information, device information (including unique device identifier), pages visited, previous or subsequent sites visited).
Storage of Information
When it is no longer necessary for us to process your Personal Information, we will either delete or anonymize the data or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information.
We will endeavor to anonymize or aggregate your data if we intend to use it for analytical purposes or trend analysis.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access. Airtrav PH does not give any representation, warranty or undertaking that the Personal Information you provide to us will be secure at all times, and to the extent Airtrav PH has fulfilled its obligations under no circumstances shall Airtrav PH be responsible for any losses, damages, costs and expenses which you may suffer or incur arising from unauthorized access to or use of your Personal Information.
All payment transactions carried out by us or our chosen third-party provider of payment processing services will be encrypted using online encryption technology. You are responsible for keeping your chosen password confidential and not to share your password with any third party.
Usage of Information
We process the Personal Information collected if necessary, for the performance of the contract and to provide the services to you. Besides, we process the other Personal Information collected on the basis of our legitimate interests, which are: the further improvement of the services, and direct marketing purposes.
For example, Airtrav PH will use Personal Information and other data collected through Airtrav PH Platform, or when making purchases for the Services to create your User Account, to fulfil your reservations, rentals, and/or bookings for the Services, to provide you with the Services, to continually improve Airtrav PH Platform and the Services, and to contact you in relation to the Services. This includes using your Personal Information or such other data to achieve faster purchase requests, better customer support, and to provide you with timely notice of new services and special offers.
From time to time, we may also make use of your Personal Information to contact you for feedback on your use of Airtrav PH Platform, to assist us in improving Airtrav PH Platform, or to offer special savings or promotions to you, where you have indicated your consent to receive such communications. If you prefer not to receive notices of special savings or promotions, you may simply opt-out from receiving them by replying to us through the hyperlink provided in these notices.
Disclosure of Information
We may from time to time share and disclose your Personal Information and other data to third parties, some of whom may be located outside your home country. The circumstances under which such sharing and disclosure will take place may include without limitation, the following:
2. If you are a visitor, to the relevant Operator in connection with a Services for which you have made reservations, rentals, and/or bookings for or intend to make reservations, rentals, and/or bookings for.
3. If you are an Operator, to any visitor in connection with the Services you are offering.
4. To our third-party service providers (including Google Analytics), which we engage amongst others for the performance of certain services on our behalf, such as web hosting services, data analysis, marketing, market research, and to otherwise provide you with customer service.
5. If and to the extent required by any applicable law, order of court, or requests by any governmental authority to make such disclosure.
6. Within the Airtrav PH group of companies. In case of a corporate transaction, in connection with the sale, merger, acquisition, or other corporate reorganization or restructuring of our corporation, your Personal Information may be disclosed, shared, or transferred to the new controlling entity or its authorized third party for carrying on our business.
7. To our advisors, agencies, or other parties concerned in order to protect the rights and property of Airtrav PH.
8. In any other case, to any third parties with your prior written consent (and in which case we will make it possible for you to withdraw your consent as easily as it was to provide consent).
We may also share aggregate or anonymous information with relevant third parties, including our advertisers. Such information does not contain any Personal Information and will not identify you personally. However, in some occasions, these third parties may possess information about you or obtain your information from other sources. When they combine such information with our aggregate information, they may be able to identify you personally.
Your Personal Information may be transferred outside of your home country and outside of the European Union, for the abovementioned purposes. If such transfer takes place to a country that does not provide an adequate level of protection, Airtrav PH will use reasonable endeavors to ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place. Such safeguards include but are not limited to (i) standard contractual clauses of the Philippines Commission; (ii) the Data Privacy Act of 2012 privacy shield; and/or (iii) any other appropriate cross-border transfer mechanisms.
Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently. When you visit our Website, we collect some of your Personal Information transmitted to us by your browser via cookies. This enables you to access Airtrav PH Platform and helps us to create better user experience for you. You will find more details about cookies and similar technologies that we use, in our Cookies Policy.
You may at all times access, correct or erase your Personal Information through Airtrav PH Platform via the user portal, under “My Account”. Alternatively, you may make your data access, correction or erasure request by sending your request by email at email@example.com
Where mandatory under applicable legislation, you may also request restriction of processing of your Personal Information or object to processing by sending your request or objection by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also request a copy of the information that we hold about you by sending your request by email email@example.com
Please contact us via the contact details mentioned below if you have a complaint regarding the processing of your Personal Information.
When handling any of these requests described above, we have the right to check the identity of the requester to ensure that he/she is the person entitled to make the request.
The Philippines’ Data Privacy Act of 2012 or Republic Act 10173
Airtrav PH has designated (San Juan, Philippines) as its representative in the Philippines’ Data Privacy Act of 2012 or Republic Act 10173. If you are within the Philippines, you have the right to file a complaint with the appropriate data protection authority.
Last updated on: 17th February 2021.